Everyone loves a new twist on classic comfort food!
Every standard dinner dish deserves a glow-up now and then. Give our Not Your Mom’s Meatloaf a try for a satisfying and savory main dish everyone will love.
Our Pedestal Foods team debuted this instant favorite at Lindenwood University in spring 2022 and it quickly became part of our regular menu—the students demanded it! This new crowd-pleaser was part of Pedestal Foods’ revamp of Evans Dining Hall, Lindenwood University’s on-campus food service hub. We helped Lindenwood update and reimagine its dining program based on student feedback, including a less rushed atmosphere, and “all you can eat” pricing that gives folks an opportunity to sample dishes from multiple stations.
The good news? You don’t have to revamp your own dining room to try something new in the kitchen. Shake up your comfort food routine at home with Not Your Mom’s Meatloaf, courtesy of our culinary experts at Lindenwood University.
NOT YOUR MOM’S MEATLOAF
For the Meatloaf:
1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
1 egg, Beaten
3 tsp Minced Garlic
3 tsp Onion Powder
3 tsp Greek Seasoning
1 tsp Dried Parsley
½ tsp Black Pepper
3 tsp Worcestershire
For the Glaze Topping:
1 2/3 Cups Chili Sauce
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
To make Not Your Mom’s Meatloaf:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients by hand thoroughly until well blended
- Form into a tightly packed loaf and place on a lightly greased baking tray
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until center reaches 125 degrees
- Mix topping ingredients until fully incorporated
- Spoon the glaze topping mixture over the meatloaf and bake for 15 more minutes, until glaze topping is caramelized.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
*ovens may vary; internal temperature is the most accurate way to determine doneness
Save some for later!
We all know meatloaf makes great sandwiches and leftovers. Cover and refrigerate Not Your Mom’s meatloaf for up to 3 days.
What are the most crowd-pleasing dishes on your dining program’s menu?
Looking for a creative, nimble partner to help you make your private school’s dining program more efficient? Get in touch with Pedestal Foods here.