This month’s featured recipe comes from Chef Natalie Henderson at Northpoint Christian School in Southaven, Mississippi, just outside of Memphis, Tennessee.
Northpoint has been a Pedestal Foods client since 2019, and we love helping this private K-12 school delight its students with fresh comfort food and a welcoming dining environment.
These carrots are so good they caught the attention of Joanna O’Brien, Northpoint’s district manager. Self-described as “a girl who does not eat carrots,” she says this sweet and savory side is so good she makes an exception every time it’s on the menu.
The staff at Northpoint usually serves this popular side dish alongside mashed potatoes and baked chicken. We think it would also make an excellent complement to traditional Memphis BBQ!
Northpoint Christian School Honey Glazed Carrots
1 ¼ tsp salt
¼ bag carrots
½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 qt water
1 ½ tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Divide butter and brown sugar in half
- In a stock pot combine carrots, ¼ cup butter, 1/4 cups brown sugar and water. Bring to boil and allow to boil for 15 min.
- Drain carrots and arrange in a greased baking dish
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter, brown sugar, salt and honey over low heat, stirring constantly until combined
- Pour mixture over carrots and toss to coat
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes
We hope you love these carrots as much as our Northpoint students and staff!
Interested in freshening up your school’s dining program? Get in touch with Pedestal Foods here.